Today, we’ll be thinking about vegan Thanksgiving ideas to help you host a dinner that is ethical, healthy and, of course, delicious. It’s that time of the year again when we all gather with our loved ones to share a meal and give thanks. Compassion, family and kindness are at the heart of this holiday. So, it’s a no-brainer that it’s got to be cruelty-free when celebrating.
Give It Your Own Personal Touch
While many of us respect many of the traditions we’ve grown up with, there comes a time when aspects of these customs just aren’t compatible with our morals and values. When this happens, it’s essential to think deeply about the real message behind the holiday. Thanksgiving, for example, is about appreciating good company and great food, getting cozy with loved ones and practicing gratitude. Yet, the essence of the holiday is so universal, timeless and beautiful, and you can choose how you want to celebrate.
For many of us vegetarian and vegan folks, the idea of killing an innocent animal actually contradicts the message behind this celebration. So don’t be afraid to redefine the holiday and give it your own personal touch. Thanksgiving is so much more than just eating until you can’t move. It’s about sharing, providing, and coming together to show appreciation for all our blessings.
Dinner Table Inspiration
The great news is that you can plan a delicious Thanksgiving meal without harming animals. There are so loads of options to choose from. Here are some of our favourite vegan Thanksgiving ideas:
- Keep it cozy, warm and autumnal. One of the best ways to do that is to incorporate seasonal fruit and vegetables into your recipes. While you’re at it, go on and give our lentil soup a try. It’s easy, vegan and delicious.
- Thanksgiving meals are about abundance, and when it comes to dips and sides, the vegan world knows what’s up! Roasted veg, hummus, steamed greens, and a potato salad are just a few options to help you get started.
- Think about your favourite traditional Thanksgiving recipes. Cranberry, pumpkins, and gravy? The best part is keeping the vibe and flavours without serving meat.
- Do you want something roasted? Get your hands on some cauliflower. I’m not kidding. You’ll be amazed. And if you’re really into your protein, seitan, tofu or tempeh? Your choice!
- If you’re still not convinced, give these fabulous vegan Thanksgiving recipes. You won’t be disappointed.
- Finally, don’t underestimate the importance of ambiance. When it comes to creating a cozy atmosphere, candles go a long way.
Keep It Ethical
Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on your lifestyle, its environmental impact and the ethics behind what we eat.
Here are some simple tips to help you have an ethical and sustainable holiday this year:
- When it comes to your shopping, try your best to buy local and seasonal
- Buy only what you’ll eat. Think about food waste and those who can’t afford food. Give a helping hand.
- Think about the trash that’s left behind: compost.
- Avoid plastic packaging whenever you can. It’s better for your health and the planet.
There you have it, our ethical and vegan Thanksgiving ideas to help you with your holiday preparation this year. If this inspired you, be sure to pass it along. Also, if you’ve got some recipes you want to share, be sure to comment below.
Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!