As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Becoming vegan has become a lot more accessible over the years. As a result, there is a lot of information and important reasons for making the shift. But also, when it comes to tasty food, veganism has caught up. So, you’ll need the essential information for those considering transitioning to a vegan diet. So, let’s get started.
What is a Vegan Diet?
First things first: what is a vegan diet? In a nutshell, a vegan or plant-based diet is void of any animal products. This includes dairy, eggs, and, of course, meat. Most vegans also extend this to their lifestyle choices, where they don’t use anything with leather or other animal products.
Why Follow a Vegan Diet?
People choose a vegan diet over one with animal products for many reasons. The three main reasons include:
- Ethics: For many people, practicing compassion toward animals is essential. While our cultural practices have normalized the killing of animals, this is cruel and unjust for many people.
- Sustainability: Increasingly, people are turning away from animal products and reducing their meat and dairy consumption because of the industry’s impact on our planet. The meat and dairy industry seriously strains our world, using resources such as land and water. With our population today, how we consume animal products isn’t feasible.
- Health: Many people choose a whole-food, plant-based diet for health reasons. Companies have long pushed for the idea that the meat and dairy industry promotes health, and today, more than ever, these myths have been debunked.
How to Follow a Vegan Diet?
With all the information and possibilities, becoming vegan has never been so easy and delicious! A healthy and complete vegan diet incorporates whole grains, pulses, fruit, and vegetables. There are loads of tasty and convenient options out there.
For breakfast, think about oats or toast with nut butter! Protein Smoothies and fruit are also great additions to your breakfasts or snacks. Lentil soups, stews, hummus sandwiches, bowls, and pasta are just a few fantastic options to get you through the week.
Our Top 3 Tips
- Instead of thinking that becoming vegan is a restriction, consider all the possibilities and the abundance of available food!
- Supplementing is one of the most important things to remember when switching to a vegan diet. B12 is a must for anyone who goes vegetarian or vegan, so get your hands on some!
- Remember, there are always alternatives. You don’t have to give up your favourite meals because you’ve adopted a plant-based diet. All you have to do is swap the meat for a cruelty-free option! So go on and enjoy that creamy pasta by switching to non-dairy alternatives.
There you have it! Everything you need to know about becoming vegan. On to you now: comment below to share your experiences with vegan dishes, and tell us all about your favourite plant-based meals.