As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
When your child is a baby, they are either exclusively breastfed, bottle-fed or a combination of the two. Between 0- 6 months, they are primarily on a liquid diet, getting all their necessary nutrients and the right amount of protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals from breast milk or formula. Both are designed to ensure that all the baby’s nutritional needs are met to ensure health and growth. Although breast milk provides antibodies and other immune factors, it is recommended that breastfed babies receive 10 ML of vitamin D supplement to prevent vitamin D deficiency, so could kids organic multivitamins be a good alternative?
However, as they get older, they start eating solid food and are no longer reliant on only breast milk or formula for nourishment. A healthy meal for growing children should consist of vegetables, lean protein, grain (preferably whole wheat), dairy (total fat recommended), and fruit, which is not always possible. In the first few years of a child’s life, they are constantly growing and learning, and they require all the nutrients they can get it. But it can be pretty challenging to make sure children get the recommended daily allowance of vitamins and minerals they need for proper physical and cognitive growth and development, especially when some are picky eaters. So how do you know that your little ones are getting what they need? They may be missing essential vitamins and minerals in their diet.
What are the most critical organic multivitamins and minerals needed for growth and development?
- An essential vitamin for babies and young children
- Helps to strengthen the immune system
- Helps strengthen the vision and maintains healthy skin
- It can be found in dark green veggies, carrots, sweet potatoes, dairy products and fortified fat spreads
- Recommended daily dose for children 1-13 years is 300 to 600 micro-grams
- Essential for overall health and maintenance of the immune system
- Helps the body absorb iron
- It can be found in citrus fruit, berries, broccoli, tomatoes & peppers
- Recommended daily dose for children 1-13 years is 15-45 milligrams
- Essential for building healthy bones and teeth
- Vitamin D is not naturally occurring in many foods, the best way to get it is from the sun, but that’s not always possible.
- Recommended daily dose for children 1-13 years is 15 micro-grams
- Mineral require for good health and mental and physical development
- After 6 months, the baby’s dietary iron needs to be increased greatly
- Children can develop iron deficiencies by 9 months of age if not given enough iron.
- Required to make hemoglobin for our red blood cells
- It can be found in lean meats, broccoli, spinach, green peas and beans
- Recommended daily dose for children 1-13 years is 7- 10 milligrams
With our hectic, always on the go-lives, it is not easy to ensure that our children are getting the nutrients they need to grow and live healthy lives. Supplements are one of the best ways to ensure that they receive everything they need and more. But it’s hard to trust most things in a bottle. Not to worry: kids organic multivitamin to the rescue. An organic multivitamin is healthy, natural and perfect for babies and children. It can provide them with all the vitamins and minerals for their growing needs.
Let us know in the comments below how you try to ensure your children are eating a balanced diet and which organic multivitamin is their favourite. Connect with us on Social Media to stay informed about more ways to Live Life Naturally, and make sure to comment below to share your thoughts with us!